Friday 18 November 2011

Endings can sometimes lead to beginnings

My name is Sam Cavanagh and I have a problem.


I need to draw and sketch and when one page, one project or sketchbook finishes I must find another and quickly.


Recently I just finished my last project, namely the sketchbook project.

My sketchbook was a set of ink drawings in a sketchbook based upon the theme “I remember you”.


This was a lot of fun. I did a lot of research on Jazz artist who have sung or recorded that song from the 40’s until now.

I urge anyone to try to do this as it is a really good excersize in getting information onto a page professionally.


Now that this is finished I’m ready to draw a few pages for the Beginnings anthology I’ve also been working behind the scenes on a few things for the site. You’re going to see a lot of my process work.


When I say process work I mean:

  • Lay out sketches
  • Character designs
  • Interior design work
  • Waxing lyrical about sequential art


So as I said before I have a problem. I need to sketch and draw and work on comic art (almost wrote sequential art there) but its a problem well worth having.


No comments:

Post a Comment